Online Casino UK
What is the best UK Casino?
It is becoming more and more difficult to answer this question without spending time and energy on boring research. But don’t worry, we have done it for you, and hopefully, our gambling guide and the list of the best UK casino sites will help you make the right choice.
Are there too many casino sites?
Online gambling is legal in the United Kingdom and is generally accepted by the majority of the UK population as a form of entertainment. It is a popular past time activity that one needs to be in control of but is not considered a vice. This cultural acceptance and the presence of a legal framework and player protecting regulation that allows online casinos to operate legally (as long as they have a license from the UK Gaming Commission) lead to a proliferation of gambling sites.
The trend started with poker in the early 2000s, followed by the rapid and stratospheric growth of bingo sites around 2007, and has recently evolved into a speedy multiplication of slot sites. Coupled with the creation of new game studios focusing almost exclusively in making more and more exciting slot games the trend continues. Consequently, there are hundreds and hundreds of casino and slots sites that are competing for the attention of UK casino players.
Aren’t players getting confused?
This abundance of false choice leads to confusion. Casino sites with similar names, themes, near-identical choice of games, indistinguishable offers and promotions pop up each month and compete for players attention in a more and more saturated market. Consequently, it is becoming increasingly difficult for players to make the right choice with respect to trustfulness and reliability, safety and responsibility and the expected positive player experience.
It is also common that a gambling company would own multiple “casino skins”, or brands, and would regularly launch new casino sites to keep players engaged within their network of casino sites. This churn and burn approach doesn’t always serve the players well, as it incentivises limited or totally absent loyalty to the brand. This means that some casinos don’t really look after their players well, either because they don’t want to, or because they cannot afford it. But it is not easy to spot it before signing up, and depositing.
There are good casino sites out there
On the other hand, the tough gambling regulation regime, and the sheer scale of competition makes some casino brands to go an extra mile and to pay increased attention to what their players want and need, and to try to differentiate their brands in a busy market through the quality of service, trust and responsibility.
Why you can trust our casino reviews? WagerSafe score!
- We played and reviewed the casino sites thoroughly ourselves
- We scoured the gaming forums and groups for genuine feedback from other players identifying the most common issues, pros and cons
- We checked Google, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and many news sites for any signs of dodgy advertising practices
- We scanned rating sites for the genuine user feedback
- We curated information from other trusted and respected casino review sites
- We vetted the information about the companies behind the brands
- We screened websites’ terms & conditions and promo offers’ eligibility requirements for any signs of trickery
- We monitored if the sites were ever in breach of UK Gaming Commission responsible gambling regulation
- We measured and combined all the above into our WagerSafe score, and ranked the sites accordingly