Casino Cosmopol has established four international casinos in Sweden during the last couple of years. The first casino was introduced in June 2001 in the city of Sundsvall. In December 2001 the casino in Malmö was introduced, followed by the Göteborg casino, in August 2002, and the Stockholm casino in March 2003.
Casino Cosmopol is a subsidiary to Svenska Spel, the largest gaming company in Sweden. Svenska Spel is wholly owned by the Swedish State and the entire revenue goes to its owners.
An intention by introducing international casinos in Sweden was to broaden and complete the existing range of diversion. Casino Cosmopol is consequently not solely focused on hardcore gaming but offers gaming in conjunction with food and other activities, which we believe will best meet the expectations of our wide target group.
There are a few things that you should be familiar with before visiting Casino Cosmopol:
- Age limit 20 – Guests must be 20 years of age and carry an official photo ID card (i.e. ID card, passport or driving licence.) Foreign guests must carry a passport. Please contact the casino in advance, if this is not possible.
- Registration – To meet the casino’s security requirements, we are obliged to register each visitor and keep a record of personal details and photographs.
- Entrance fee – The entrance fee is SEK 30 for a day-pass. The membership card is SEK 100 yearly, which gives you free entrance for one year.
- Mobile phones – Mobile phones must be switched off inside the casino.
- Cameras – All photography is strictly prohibited. Cameras and any bags must be checked in at the cloakroom.
- Careful dressing – Cosmopol prefers their guests to dress smartly, as they would for a night out at a good restaurant. A jacket is preferred.
From premiere cinema to a house of entertainment. Casino Cosmopol is an entertainment venue including poker rooms, restaurants and several pleasant bars. At this city centre location, we offer an exciting experience, whether you’re after gaming or an evening of entertainment.
Food and drink are of course part of any good night out. Visitors can enjoy everything from a basic snack to a full à la carte dinner on the balcony or in the stalls. On the gaming side, there are 31 tables and 300 gaming machines to choose from.
A night out at Casino Cosmopol is like no other. It is a night of thrilling action in a unique environment, in an international atmosphere with guests from all over the world.
If you have never been to a casino before, Cosmopol offers a range of special packages including admission, an introduction to gaming and a meal. You can come along and play all the classic casino games, enjoy some good food and experience the special atmosphere you only find at a true casino!
International casinos have different, more favourable rules than the gaming tables you find at restaurants and nightclubs in Sweden.
Security is one of Cosmopol’s top priorities with video surveillance at every table and registration requirement for all guests by name and photograph – so please be sure to bring a photo ID.
Most casino guests dress smartly for a night on the town.
Admission to the casino costs SEK 30, but join Club Cosmopol for free admission for a whole year. The membership fee is SEK 100, and members enjoy special offers as well as advance information about what’s happening at the casino.
Kungsgatan 65, 111 22 Stockholm, Sweden
83M4+84 Stockholm, Sweden
+46 20 21 92 19
Opening hours: 11:30am–5am